Sunday 6 November 2016

Sun and the Sea


I take a breath of the humid air
The smell of sea is everywhere
I run like an excited lil girl
To see nature's wonder unfurl

There looms up the mighty sea
Never failing to mesmerize me
Vast and blue in constant motion
Infinitely infinite is the giant ocean 

I sink my feet into the warm sands
Stretch outwards both my hands
The gentle breeze plays with my hair
If only I had wings I would fly in the air 

The orange hue of the setting sun
A wonderful sight across the horizon
Slowly the sun ducks into the water
And then daylight begins to falter

I lay on the beach looking up at the sky
Reflecting on life with the moon up high
A wave of nostalgia hits the mind
The timeline of life rushes on rewind

The crashing waves against the shore
A few just whisper while others roar
I count the stars in the night sky
And fall asleep as time flies by

I wake up to a brighter dawn
Rubbing my eyes as I yawn
Fishermen in their boats have set sail
The chirping birds off on a new trail

Steadily rises the sun as a glowing ball
From amidst the mountains standing tall
I bask in the rays of the rising sun
That sets the nightly shadows on a run

I soak up all the showering warmth
And feel a new wave of self worth
I kill my inner demons that torment 
And hug myself to live the moment

Brighter shines the new day
A sign for me to go away 
Into the worldly chaos I fade
Goodbye to nature's peace I bade

A few answers found questions remain
Peace with myself I have regained
Found strength to overcome my fears
And welcome life with a smiling cheer

I drag my feet towards my city shack
Longing for the day I can come back
To bathe in the sun and lie on the sand
Splash in the water and get tanned

No comments:

Post a Comment