Sunday 6 November 2016

A date with myself

Here I am on a blind date
Decoding my tryst with fate
Among unknown faces and souls
I seek to find my dipole

Little do I know a surprise awaits
With bated breath as I wait
Round the corner dashes a young girl
Pulls the chair and sits across in a swirl

Stunned I sit gazing at her chubby face 
Oblivious of me she settles in her place
Dreaming? I pinch myself in disbelief
This is no stranger I exclaim in relief

Meeting her is a real blast from the past
Last five years have whizzed fast
The soul and identity remain the same
It's the same face against that name

I watch her keenly taking in the detail
Her cheerfulness makes me seem pale
Her energy and gusto is what I lack 
Have I lost it somewhere in the sack

'Hey there' I say to the younger me
With a smirk her eyes look up to see
A smile appears as recognition dawns
Her eyes sparkle bright all along

Excited she is to meet her future self
Content I am watching my old self
About life I wanna tell her a lot of things
But I rather she learns it through life's inswings 

I laugh at her enthusiasm, missing in me
Throws caution to the wind and carefree
With the josh to do it all and know it all
She only listens to her mind's call

I look within to see what's the change 
Lesser laughter for worries in exchange
Happier I was when I laughed more
Lived in the present than future or yore

From her to me I've seen the years
Creating memories that I hold dear
Conquer your fears don't waste time
Only what is left of today is mine

If I can build from scratch n reach here 
Then I can do it again don't you fear
All is not lost if you lose one race 
Pick up the pieces and stand in place

As for the blind date to meet someone
I wanna tell her the quest is a long one
For now relax and live through the tide
Row your boat and enjoy the ride

From who I was to who I am, in a while
Down the path I've walked many a mile 
A tad wiser I've become with the day
A lil patience has added along the way 

It's time to say our goodbyes
Enjoy life I tell the cheery eyed 
Older n wiser we'll meet down the lane
That'll make for another interesting tale

No comments:

Post a Comment