Sunday 6 November 2016

A dream

I dreamt a dream
A small little dream
A journey to success in it lay
All hardwork and no child's play

A stupid little idea it is, I felt
It ain't my cup of tea I dwelt
Many attempts I made to kill the urge
But the tiny thought didn't budge

I first laughed at it
Then ignored it
'Forget it' I chided my self
But the little pest stay put in my mind's shelf

I ran, it shadowed
I screamed, it echoed
I kicked, it bounced back
It just refused to hit the sack

Finally, I decided to give it a shot
Prepared for the battle to be fought
Is it my higher calling I wondered
A chance to fly off into the wide blue yonder

Down the long dark tunnel I walked
Through the twists and turns, my way I chalked
In search of the elusive victory I tread
The sunshine at the end was all I needed

Days months and years flew past
Many tunnels ended with no light at last
Each time, with new hope I made new beginnings
Trudged through new tunnels in the next innings

Yet it was only failures, no success in sight
My best effort wasn't enough to win me the fight
Try and try till you succeed they say
Despite the sunshine the grass never became hay

'Quit' I told myself, yearning to end the game
I took the nearest exit that came
For all those wasted years I cried
Tears rolled down until my eyes dried

Slowly I adapted to the pricky pain
With time, I could face myself in the mirror again
Though the wound healed, the scar did last
A grim reminder of the battles lost

Now I just look back and wonder
Maybe I was never meant for the blue yonder
Maybe I should have just let it be a dream
Coz some dreams are just meant to be dreams

No comments:

Post a Comment